Manual Dual Band Baofeng UV-82 Radio - (VHF/UHF)
A classic and well-known Baofeng UV-82 radio is a so-called dual band, which means a radio that operates in two bands - VHF and UHF. However, dual band is not the only thing that this device has to offer. Baofeng UV-82 model many other elements have been doubled making it a truly universal device for radio communication over air as well as land and sea. UV-82 is the newest model of Baofeng radio. It differs from other models with a PTT button, which allows to change the channel without having to manually switch it. The included earpiece also has a double PTT button. The FM radio automatically switches from 76-108MHz when it detects a signal on selected VFO A and B channels.
One of the most innovative functions available in Baofeng UV-82 is a dual work mode of the transmit-receive system and the display, which allows to operate in a specified band in two different frequencies (transmit/playback in main frequency + playback in auxiliary frequency) using a dedicated button for switching of the main frequency. Baofeng UV-82 features a wide array of functions that simplify identification and grouping (R-DCS, R-CTS, T-DCS, T-CTS, DTMFST; ANI), usage (transmit lock on an occupied channel, voice confirmation of task execution, voice activated transmission, manual keyboard lock, battery saving mode) and programming (programming with a computer via RS or USB).
Functions improving security (SOS) and usability (FM 76-108MHz radio, flashlight) are also available. In Baofeng UV-82 majority of functions have assigned specific hotkeys, which eliminates the need to progress through a multi-level menu each and every time. The illuminated LCD display apart from alphanumeric signs shows also icons that inform about the status of majority of in-built functions. Baofeng UV-82 can easily fit inside the user’s hand and ergonomically placed keys allow for operation with just one hand. The model’s casing was made from a thick layer of hard polymer, which significantly raises its mechanical resistance. The radio is also resistant to harsh weather conditions. It can work in temperatures ranging from -20*C up to +60*C. Baofeng UV-82 is a radio with wide array of features as well a durable and reliable construction.
Differences between the [Manual Dual-Channel Shortie-82 Radio (VHF / UHF)] and the [Manual Dual Band Baofeng UV-82 Radio (VHF/UHF)]
- Main difference is battery capacity: The Shortie-82 radio comes with a 7.4V / 2800mAh Li-Ion battery, while the Baofeng UV-82 radio has a 7.4V / 1800mAh Li-Ion battery. The Shortie-82 has a higher battery capacity.
MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES:
- Broadened Range of Compatible Frequencies: 136-174MHz (RX/TX), 400-520MHz (Rx/Tx) and 76-108MHz (Rx)
- Transmitter Power Adjustment in a Range of 5W/1W
- DTMF and ANI Functions (ANI programmable with a computer)
- Tony CTCSS (50 groups), DCS (105 groups) and 1750Hz
- Voice Activated Transmission - VOX function
- Inter-channel Spacing Adjustment in a range of: 2,5/5/6.25/10/12.5/25
- Frequency Scanner
- SOS Function
- Baofeng UV-82 radio
- Li-Ion 7.4V / 1800 mAh battery
- AC/DC charger + base for charging
- Earpiece with PTT (with two buttons, separately for each VFO channel)
- Clip / clasp
- User’s manual